Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Captive government or "Its good to be the rich."

If you wanted an indication of exactly how the rich have captured our government agencies, take a look at this item.  I remember stories of less privileged homeowners who were slammed with high insurance bills after being slammed by major storms.  Several were hit even though they suffered not damage at all.

When I hear or read about a food recall I look at both what the product is that has been recalled and then I think about what that product might have been incorporated into.  This is why.  The problem isn't just the primary product, beef in this case, but the 'downstream' products as well.  One reason why I simply don't trust the supply chains that criss-cross the planet before they coalesce in a given plant that makes a product that shows up at my local store.

No comments: