Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday.

Oh, the tentacles of big business--how do you escape them?  Take a look at this before you clip that General Mills coupon or enter the Betty Crocker bake-off.  Given the number of food recalls for contaminants or foreign material in the product I don't think food companies should get a free pass through arbitration.

I got to this article via Teagan Goddard's Political Wire and wondered if the legal teams for the last two ex-governors of Illinois might make of it.  I wondered if the prosecution had actually met the burden of a "quid pro quo" corruption on video tape.  Interesting.

I like this--but I am sure it has about as much chance as a snowball in a very hot oven.  Elections are not necessarily synonymous with democracy.  And having a vote doesn't translate into having choice.

No comments: