Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday.

We expect storms sometime today.  I don't know if I will have either the time or the energy to do anything in the gardens.  Depends on whether the when (if) the rough weather comes in and whether my get-up-and-go wakes up.  Right now it is still snoozing.

The Powers-that-be and their cheerleaders keep telling us that the economy is in recovery and has been since 2009 and they keep scratching their heads in bewilderment when we don't believe them.  This piece by David Dayen would tell them why we don't believe them.  Most of us have experienced declining incomes and increasingly tenuous jobs over the last decade.  That doesn't translate into recovery.

I have thought for a very long time that the bleats from employers about how difficult it is to find "qualified" job seekers to hire has been a self-serving crock of shit.  Wolf Richter basically defines "qualified" for us and it isn't what we normally mean in using the term.

Update:  well, my get-up-and-go returned by 8am it was already too hot and humid to do any real work outside.  Since we expect rain storms overnight I won't water anything.  We did go out because I wondered if either of our garden supply stores had herb plants left that might be suitable for the tower planter and Mom wanted some appliance enamel paint to repair a couple of spots on the clothes dryer.  I didn't expect anything in the plants and wasn't surprised to find nothing.  I will check my seeds to see what I have that I can start for that space.  I also have some cuttings that may root.  We'll see what happens.

No comments: