Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Our rain yesterday turned into a light snow overnight.  Not much but enough to cover the cars and the grass.  The pavements were all too warm for it to stick there.

Interesting but... .  There are times (more so as time goes on) when technology definitely raises my skeptical antennae.  This is one.  Not something I want or trust.

So the guy's attorney thinks he is being unfairly singled out??  Martha Stewart got prison time for perjury.  I think they got him on that and the fraud charges should be interesting also.  Anybody who oversees an operation that dumps toxins into the drinking water should be held accountable.  Especially since we haven't found a way to execute or imprison "corporate" persons.

The author of Another Old Woman has a take on vaccinations that I relate to.  Like her, I had all the "childhood" diseases way back when.  And at that time we had to have the smallpox vaccination as well.  I am one of the few people I know who has met someone who had polio--an eastern European refugee who was in my 8th grade class for one semester.  I often think that the real problem with vaccinations is their success.  When the consequences of contracting measles, mumps, chicken pox, and whooping cough were often severe and potentially fatal, parents lined up to get their kids vaccinated.  Now the alleged possibilities of the vaccines appear to be more frightening than diseases most of their parents have no experience with.

There is little John McCain says that I agree with.  My opinion of him, usually, is so far down in the basement that going lower is nearly impossible.  However, this is one issue on which I agree wholeheartedly.  I absolutely hate the very notion that agents of our country tortured people in my name.  I repudiate them and their actions.  A "stain on our honor" is an right on--or it would be if we truly had any honor.

No comments: