Friday, January 23, 2015

It is still quite dark outside (only about 6:30am).  I know the days should be lengthening but it doesn't yet feel like it.  I know, I know--it is only a month since winter solstice.  We got totally disgusted with the morning news so I turned it off an hour early.  Too much fluff and too little news.  And much of the real news was a repeat of last night's stories which we really didn't need to hear again.  Let's see what I find on the 'net.

We have "reached the end of materialism," have we?  Perhaps some of us have but I don't see "experientailism" as any great advance.  Just easier to lug around.  It is just another form of consumerism.  Instead of consuming things we are being told to consume experiences.  Getting off the consumerist train altogether would be a better idea.

No comments: