Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday--

I pulled the rose yesterday and, as expected, I found no live roots.  That pretty much ends my experiments with perennials in my gardens.  At least for now.  I might try again after I think about the situation a bit more.  We made a trip to the garden center and I picked up some new plants and potting mix.  The strawberry bare roots never sprouted so they are coming out.  Another experiment that won't be repeated.  I replaced them with plants.  Also picked up a nicely grown foxglove (for the hummingbirds and bees), a mandavilla that is providing a welcome splash of color.  Trying another experiment with one of the hanging pocket gardens.  For those who aren't familiar with the concept check this out.  Mine is much smaller and filled with begonias.  If it works I will use it next year with other plants.  Found a new variety of pepper, the Shishito, to try.  Also picked up a couple of new peppermint plants.  You can never have enough mints.

Found this first thing this morning.  I guess they thought it a good idea at the time.  As too often happens, someone now needs to clean up the results of the "good intentions."

Now this is an interesting idea on the issue of sky-high medical bills: don't pay.  Of course they aren't saying don't pay anything and the strategy only works when you have high-powered legal help.

I have been watching the hot weather creeping north in various parts of the globe.  This is nasty.  The northern hemisphere is still a month away from the beginning of summer.  By the way, 44.5C translates to 112F.

No comments: