Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Monday--

Another start of another week.  The frost cleared off the roofs, at least on the south sides.  The cars and north roof slopes will take a bit longer.  I moved all the bird and critter feed inside so I can reach it easily.  Our shed door often freezes shut during winter.  I need to take out the snow shovels soon as well.

Tuesday--

Wednesday--

Didn't see much to comment on over the last two days.  Been cleaning up a bit in the gardens and putting some things away because we are supposed to get high winds overnight with rain into tomorrow.  Didn't want the old plastic patio chairs I use as plant stands to go flying so I stacked them and brought them inside the fence. Cleaned up the bird feeder and filled it with fresh food.  A couple of days ago I saw a couple of robins visiting the feeder and the birdbath. I also got a bit rearranged in the sewing/storage/planting room (a.k.a., small bedroom sans bed). I have a lot more to do up there.

Interesting what you can find in birds nests--especially in an old structure where generations of birds have nested for centuries.

I have seen more stories about architects and others trying to incorporate living plants into their plans. Here is an ambitious example. This is the third structure the designers have proposed.  The other two are in construction in Italy. However, I do have a lot of questions about the practicality of the notion some of which the critic cited in the article brings up.

No comments: